Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Apple Crisp

I can never find a good Crisp recipe when I want one, so I now have my own formula for a really good Streusel topping; I like it with big crunchy pieces. This is quick and only uses one bowl, so there is not a lot of clean up. It is also a tasty breakfast the next day.
Filling

3-4 apples (I use Gala-if using other kind of apple they may require more flour as Galas do not have a lot of juice)
¼ C Flour
1T White Sugar
2 t cinnamon

Topping

1/3 C Flour
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
¼ C Butter
½ c Cup Oats

To do
Peel, core and slice apple and mix in a bowl with remaining filling ingredients.

Arrange apples in greased pie dish or other smallish casserole dish (8x8), pour any remaining flour over top of apples.
In same bowl cut butter into flour and sugar until crumbly and mix in oats. Pour over apples and pat down.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serves 2-3

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...