Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tiger Butter Memories


This is a recipe that has been around however I didn't peg it down until visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Vernon. Brent and I had a beautiful evening with his brother Steve and Steve's wife Deb. We ate Christmas goodies chatted, laughed, and soaked in their outdoor hot-tub under the stars with snowflakes frosting our hair and our eyelashes. Before we went home that night Deb wrote out two Christmas goody recipes for me, this being one of them.

This summer Debbie passed away of cancer, as I made this recipe this week I've been thinking of her. Food is a wonderful memory-instigator and I think using and sharing recipes is a beautiful way of remembering those we love (near and far). When you use this recipe I invite you to think of those who have shared something sweet with you...

"1 lb (2 C.) white chocolate
3/4 C. peanut butter
2 oz dark chocolate

Mix white choc. w/ p.b. melt in double broiler or microwave. Cover cookie sheet w/ wax paper. Pour melted mixture onto cookie sheet. Melt dark choc. Pour & swirl thru."

Note: I usually add my own revisions to a recipe but this is the exact wording from the index card Debbie copied for me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...