Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tupperware

On Monday I went to my first Tupperware party and feel that, after spending $100 on plastic storage containers, that I have truly joined the ranks of Motherhood.


To be quite honest over half my purchases were purely for nostalgic reasons. When I was a child we had Tupperware (I think it had just been invented *), and I was somehow drawn the pieces I remembered having as a child.

First off was the Midgets (I cannot believe they get away with using such an un-PC name), which I remembered eating raisins and little things out of; I figure they will be good for taking peanut butter or salad dressing in for lunch. Lochlan can't really drink out of a cup yet, but I knew his childhood would not be complete without the TW Cups and sippy lids. Then my mother in law Mary pointed out the Snack Cups, which again with the Midgets I remember eating little snacks out of. They made over $50 right there in memories. I REALLY wanted to buy the Blue and Red Shape Sorter for Lochlan because I remember playing with one, but I resisted the urge, maybe for his birthday
I did also end up geting some other storage stuff for my unruly rice/grain and pasta cupboard, but only because it was on it's once a year 40% off sale.

My mother in law also bought me some Fridge Smart containers for my birthday (it MUST be a sign I am turning 30, when I actually ask for TW as a gift....WOW!). I have heard rave reviews on these from my friend Carrie  on how mushrooms will last for-EVER.
Until now the only real TW I had was from my Gerrany, who sent me all sorts of random items (from her home) when I got married, including these coloured bowls in 3 sizes with lids. I only have one left (well two, but my Mum has one) and I will take a picture because it is obviously vintage TW, but right now my camera is in the car.

I got an orange peeler as a prize, which I also remember my Mum coming home from a TW Party and getting one as a prize as well. (Hers was orange, mine is purple) The games were pretty fun, all in all it was pretty cool as far as home selling parties go; I would have one, maybe next January when it is all on sale again.

*Note I had to look this up after writing it and was corrected by Wikipedia " Tupperware was developed in 1946 by Earl Silas Tupper (1907-1983) in the USA. He developed plastic containers used in households to contain food and keep it airtight. The formerly patented "burping seal" is a famous aspect of Tupperware, which distinguished it from competitors."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...