Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Meal Planning

For the last couple of years I have been pretty bad about meal planning, but latley after chats about staying on budget and watching trips to the grocery store, Andrew and I have agreed to try the once a week shop to cut down on the frequent triops with hungry impulse buys.

This weeks meal plan with hyperlinks when possible goes like this

Sunday-Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Fennel, mashed potatoes and green salad
Monday -Thai Chicken Soup (with leftover chicken from Sunday)
Tuesday-Perogies and farmer sausage
Wednesday Goulash, rice and green salad
Thursday Baked Potato Soup, and green chef's salad
Friday- Capatavi pasta with Alfredo sauce, chicken and bacon (Andrew's favorite-no recipe as the sauce comes out f a jar, its pretty much a heat and serve dinner).

I don't usually predecide which days will be which meals, usually I pick 5 recipes based on ingredients I currently have so that I don't need to pick up as many ingredients when I shop; I also shop the fliers and usually manage to save 30% off my bill each week with sale items or coupons. In this case I had to cook the chicken first as it was fresh so that decided meal order a bit. In general we're not big on leftovers in our house, but I do try to have some leftovers for the next days lunch.
I like to have at least one new recipe and a few quick dinner ideas for the nights when I don't have much time (Perogies or pasta).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...